Meeting Point: Meet in front of the cemetery’s Jerome Avenue entrance at Jerome Ave & Bainbridge Ave, Bronx, New York 10470.
Tour Description:What does the world’s most famous sailing vessel have to do with a cemetery in the Bronx? Much more, it turns out, than we may imagine. Many of the RMS Titanic’s passengers rest forever in Woodlawn Cemetery, and in a special commemorative tour, veteran guide and Titanic expert Dave Gardner will lead guests through this gorgeous Gilded Age cemetery to discover and share their stories.
We will visit the doomed and the fortunate, and discover:
- A passenger who smuggled his dog onto a lifeboat
- The stories of a sacrifice, a statue, and a sailor
- Sisters who were saved and reunited on Carpathia
- The morals of a mogul, a merchant, and a millionaire
- A famous author who wrote about people “in peril on the sea” and much more!
Dave Gardner is a member of the Titanic Historical Society, the Titanic International Society, the British Titanic Society, the Belfast Titanic Society, and champion of Videology’s Titanic movie trivia night.
CHOOSE YOUR BOROUGH:
Manhattan | Brooklyn | Queens | Bronx | Staten Island