There’s something inherently uncanny about the West Village, a place where W 12th Street intersects with W 4th Street, and Waverly Place intersects with … Waverly Place. Explore the ghostly, uncanny, and weird side of the city on this tour that highlights the works of two great horror writers. Find out where Edgar Allan Poe wrote his dark tales and where H.P. Lovecraft found inspiration for some of his stories during his time in New York.
Forgotten histories and urban lore abound on this haunting, mysterious, and wonderfully weird stroll through one of the most charmingly strange places in the city. For anyone interested in the unknown, the occult, and the weird side of history, this tour is a must.
Highlights of this 1 hour and 45-minute walking tour include:
- Find out where Edgar Allan Poe lived and wrote in New York City
- See the streets and houses where H.P. Lovecraft found inspiration for his stories
- Meander through historic locations as you hear true ghost stories
- Find out where Aleister Crowley practiced his dark arts
- Discover the most haunted houses, taverns, restaurants and bars in the West Village
- Hear other forgotten histories and urban lore
$25 in advance, $30 at the door
CLICK HERE for our calendar of upcoming events and to purchase tickets.